Protection and Advocacy for Assistive Technology (PAAT)
Disability Rights Iowa (DRI) manages Iowa's PAAT Grant Program. Through this, DRI provides legal assistance and advocacy to help individuals with disabilities to obtain the assistive technology equipment and services to improve their quality of life.
Do you need help with an adapted equipment legal issue?
- Have you received a denial for adapted equipment from your insurance company?
- Do you have Medicare or Iowa Medicaid and still can’t get the managed care organization (MCO) to provide equipment, such as a customized electric wheelchair? Has the MCO explained the reason for the denial and told you about your appeal rights?
- Are you requesting a new type of assistive technology from your managed care organization, but being denied?
- Are you a nursing home resident who needs a wheelchair?
- Are you having problems getting equipment repairs done correctly or paid for?
- Is your child having problems getting equipment or software from school?
- Would assistive technology improve your ability to work?
Even if you are not sure you have a legal question, contact
Disability Rights Iowa!
Toll Free: 1-800-779-2502
Toll Free TTY: 1-866-483-3342
The Easter Seals Iowa Assistive Technology Program is made possible through funding from the Center for Disabilities and Development at University of Iowa Health Care supported by the State AT Program grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Administration for Community Living. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Administration for Community Living or HHS.